Islamic Approaches to Psychology and Psychotherapy
Published June 24, 2019
– Distinguish culturally relative factors from universal factors in Western psychology.
– Identify and describe Islamic models of the self.
– Describe the therapeutic relationship from an Islamic perspective.
– Identify therapeutic aims and objectives of Islamic psychology/counselling.
– Identify a range of Islamic perspectives on mental health diagnosis.
– Describe Western approaches to therapy and their applicability to Muslims.
– Apply Islamic psychological principles in diagnosis and treatment using case studies.