Basis of the service
Ihsaan is a specialised service that provides psychological therapies; which are compatible with an Islamic understanding of the Self and its dynamics.
It takes an organic view of the person and takes diagnostic account of factors such as, the individual Fitra (the natural state of being), physical illness, cultural and religious factors, diet and spiritual conditions that can affect mental state.
- Ihsaan can provide as appropriate; support, counselling, specific psychological interventions, such as CBT and in-depth psychotherapy.
- Ihsaan can provide religiously compliant marital counselling.
- Therapists are currently available who speak Arabic, Bengali, English, French, Gujarati, Mirpuri, Punjabi, Swahili and Urdu. Interpreters can be arranged as appropriate.
- Therapy can be provided by male or female therapists.
- Ihsaan can provide training in Islamic Psychology and Islamically appropriate therapies.
- An expert advisory board is available for consultation by all therapists.
Who does it serve?
Ihsaan caters for adults with mild to moderate mental health problems including: anxiety, depression, psychological trauma, family and marital problems, social stresses, jinn disturbance and black magic. Ihsaan does not provide a service for people with psychotic conditions, a primary drug and alcohol addiction or young people under the age of 18.
Ihsaan provides face to face therapy in Bradford.
Ihsaan provides therapy via phone and video technology where appropriate, to clients across the United Kingdom.